Main Purpose of the Job:
The Front End Developer – Network Management role is responsible for developing an intuitive and interactive user interface for Dense Air’s Network Management solution, which aggregates monitoring and control of heterogeneous network component and devices.
The Front End Developer is responsible for the design, build and implementation of the web-based user interface, including but not limited to ensuring integration with back-end services, testing and CI-CD frameworks.
The Front End Developer will work with peers in the Software Engineering and Data & Analytics teams, collaborate with business stakeholders and other technical teams to provide effective network management capabilities, ensuring Dense Air’s tactical and strategic business objectives are met.
- Design, build and unit test web-based user interfaces that are flexible, scalable to many managed components, maintainable and of high quality.
- Working with technical peers, design user interfaces that meet the use-cases for Dense Air’s operations team as well as external Mobile Network Operator customers.
- Apply best Cloud development practices, resulting in the creation of a flexible and effective solution.
- Ensure web-design best practices are introduced into the development process and user interface design, ultimately resulting in a fantastic user experience.
- Work with third party software teams to integrate their deliverables into the solution, where required.
- Ensure that security is included in all solutions by design.
- Follow Agile development lifecycle and QA processes
- Use of Jira and Bitbucket development tools.
- Participate in design and code reviews during the development process.
- Other duties appropriate to the post may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Software.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum five years working on web development in a medium or large sized organisation.
- Deep experience in front end design, with an attention to detail and visual flair
- Experience developing on Google Cloud Platform (or transferrable knowledge from another platform)
- Understanding of DevOps, CI-CD pipelines, automated testing frameworks, test and design led development and other associated software engineering best practices.
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field preferable.
- Outstanding problem solver and team player.
- Enthusiastic about development, sharing experience and best practice and able to write clear and maintainable software.
- Able to document designs with strong attention to detail.
- Able to react positively to issues occurring.
- Able to present information in a concise way to stakeholders.
Equality and Diversity
Dense Air is an equal opportunities employer. We have a diverse and inclusive culture, respecting everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, trade union membership (or non-membership).