Main Purpose of the Job:
The Automation Test Developer plays a key role in the development of the test automation framework for Dense Air’s internally developed RAN solution and integrated third-party products. This includes playing a key role in the quality assurance phase of the product CI/CD pipeline, as well as a test tool for development and network engineering teams.
The test automation framework is a vital tool in the validation of Dense Air’s end-to-end Neutral Host 5G network, including Core, RAN and OSS functions. Enabling the rapid deployment of 5G networks across Dense Air’s operating businesses.
The Automation Test Developer will define implement and test the automated test framework that ensure product & network builds meet functional and non-functional specifications and provide confidence that our software is of the highest quality and meets customer expectations.
- Introduction and execution of an automated test strategy across the team in line with Dense Air engineering practices, ensuring requirements and defect traceability throughout.
- Consideration for initial rollout, maintenance and ongoing feature development.
- Architect, design, implement and test of the automated test framework to be used by System Test, Development and Network Engineering teams.
- Consider build versus buy risks/benefits/considerations for test framework and associated tools.
- Follow Dense Air development practices during the design and development of the test framework, including change management, source control, documentation and test.
- Integration with CI/CD pipeline.
- Automated Test lab documentation and build-out.
- Consideration for test scheduling, repeatability, test reports, event reporting, logging, defect root cause analysis.
- Rollout and adoption of the test framework across the Engineering team.
- Contribute and review requirements specifications, business and product use-cases to ensure the automated test framework continues to play a key role in Dense Air’s product development.
- Support QA system test, integration, and development teams to continually increase automated test coverage.
- Mentoring and coaching across the Test Development team.
- Other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by Senior Management.
Education and Experience:
- Five years working in a test automation development role.
- Previous coaching/mentoring/leading preferable.
- In-depth knowledge of verification strategies and automatic verification tools.
- Knowledge of 4G/5G mobile networks preferable.
- Experience working in an Agile environment beneficial.
- Experience of CI / CD implementations.
- Technical degree preferable.
- Able to structure and execute testing strategies around customer needs and expectations.
- An excellent planner able to schedule and prioritise work and react positively to issues occurring.
- Able to present information in a clear and concise way to peers and managers.
- Good stakeholder and team management relationship and influencing skills.
Equality and Diversity
Dense Air is an equal opportunities employer. We have a diverse and inclusive culture, respecting everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, trade union membership (or non-membership).