Main Purpose of the Job:
The Cloud Engineer is primarily responsible for the implementation, integration & testing of Dense Air’s global cloud infrastructure (hybrid of on-prem & public cloud) in conjunction with software & hardware suppliers, IaaS, PaaS &, SaaS providers and internal stakeholders.
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for creating high level and low level designs, test documentation and operational guidelines relating to the deployment and operation of Dense Air’s cloud network.
The Cloud Engineer will support the investigaton of faults across the cloud infrastructure, working with suppliers and internal development teams to resolve in a timely manner.
- Work as a virtualization and cloud specialist, with a strong understanding of public, private and hybrid cloud technologies to support the deployment of VNFs & CNFs.
- Work with Solution Architects and other stakeholders to design, implement integrate & test new cloud infrastructure & technologies, creating a corresponding set of high and Low Level Designs, test plans and deployment procedures.
- Install & configure a globally distributed hybrid (e.g. mix of on-prem & public) cloud network to support a wide range of applications, including Packet Core, 5G O-RAN, Management, Control, Data Analytics, Security, Networking etc.
- Establish a set of operational guidelines to enable efficient handover of the cloud network to the operations team for day-to-day operations & monitoring.
- Manage the integration of new applications into the cloud infrastructure, working with application providers and internal stakeholders as necessary.
- Define and test software upgrade procedures, including roll-back procedures.
- Other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by Senior Management.
Education and Experience:
- Five years designing, developing and implementing cloud solutions on private and public infrastructure.
- Prior experience in Cloud Engineering or related position.
- Experience managing & maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- Experience working with OpenStack, KVM, Linux/UNIX, Docker & Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of security relating to public and private cloud preferable.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field preferable.
- An excellent planner able to schedule and prioritise work and react positively to issues occurring.
- An analytical mind, with an ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Able to document network designs with attention to detail.
- Able to present information in a clear and concise way to peers and managers.
- Good time management skills.
Equality and Diversity
Dense Air is an equal opportunities employer·
We have an inclusive culture, and respect for everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or other characteristics