Main Purpose of the Job:
The Product Manager will directly shape Dense Air’s 5G RAN solutions, focusing on hardware and software products, by working closely with key internal stakeholders to define and develop the company’s Neutral Host RAN technology solutions and achieve alignment with company vision and strategies.
The Product Manager will define the solution requirements, build and maintain the business cases and own the full end-to-end product life cycle.
The Product Manager will work closely with Dense Air systems and engineering leads (hardware and software), Dense Air Operational Companies and 3rd party vendors/eco-system during the development process translating business requirements to product solutions.
- Define solution and both internal and external development requirements for Open RAN based Neutral Host small cell solutions and competitive environment as well as Dense Air’s product strategy direction.
- Generate formal documentation capturing product requirements, release plans and roadmaps.
- Provide requirements for testing, integration, and interoperability of products and releases.
- Establish and maintain feature requirements and roadmap for the 5G deliverables and be the “Business Owner” for them, contributing to Dense Air’s overall product roadmap.
- Develop products collateral including but not limited to product data sheets, technical presentations, white papers, and feature description documents.
- Engage both internal stakeholders and external industry and customer contacts to continuously gather, define and prioritize product and roadmap requirements and provide aggregate product requirements.
- Develop sales enablement material to assist in positioning Dense Air’s products and solutions in the market.
- Support sales process by being the go-to person 5G solutions.
- Provide input and direction to the solution development process and lifecycle.
- Review and contribute to technical specification in RFIs/RFPs.
- Manage 3rd party vendor products and engagements.
- Capability for occasional international and domestic travel.
Education and Experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent technical discipline.
- 5+ years of related product management experience at a wireless networking/RF infrastructure supplier with proven track-record of successfully launching new products/solutions.
- RF Hardware Experience, understanding of SOC’s, baseband, power amplifiers, L1/L2 MAC/PHY, duplexers are an advantage.
- Working Knowledge of Mobile standards and evolution (3GPP, CPRI, eCPRI, 4G/LTE-A, 5G, O-RAN).
- Strong industry knowledge and aptitude.
- Experience working with 4G and 5G RAN networks and their associated component elements.
- Knowledge of 4G/5G RAN design for small cells and neutral host.
- Proactive self-starter who works well independently
- Able to analyse and assess complex system designs, and determine end-to-end feature behaviour.
- An excellent planner able to schedule and prioritise work and react positively to issues occurring.
- Able to collect/analyse/document market and customer needs and use cases and convert those into product requirements
- Able to communicate and present information in a clear and concise way to peers, managers and customers/partners.
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to build internal and external relationships.
Equality and Diversity
Dense Air is an equal opportunities employer. We have an inclusive culture, and respect for everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or other characteristics